|8:45 - 9:35 am
||Keynote: Brett King, Financial Advisor and Author|
The Coming Disruption in Financial Services: Get Excited or Get Out of the Way!
There is a massive upheaval facing the financial services industry today as a result of loss of trust, rapid consumer behavior shift, massive technological change, changing risk models, changing skill set requirements and increasing government scrutiny.
Will banking start to disappear from a traditional storefront? Is the end-game of technology like mobile and social media just making banking part of everyday experiences, whether that is buying a home, buying a car, traveling, shopping or funding our children's education? How does an insurer assess risk on a driver who owns a self-driving car? Could behavioral data on spending and savings be superior to a credit score at predicting default risk for lending decisions? How are Rich Data Overlay technologies and Big Data going to bring advice into the real-time realm, and how will it change the dynamic of the 'advisor'? In Brett King's BANK 3.0 world the possibility that financial services is no longer about the place you go or the person you see, but just something that you do - has suddenly become very real.
There are some that might see these technology and behavioral changes as a threat to the status quo, but others that see this as the most exciting period for the financial services industry since the creation of hard currency! Are you ready for the disruption?
|9:35 - 10:05 am
||Jim Kavanaugh, Vice President and Controller, IBM|
Building a Smarter IBM
Learn how the IBM Finance organization has used analytics to transform. As a trusted business advisor, over the past decade the Finance team at IBM has helped drive growth, manage risk and optimize performance through the use of analytics. Jim Kavanaugh will recount this journey and highlight the role of people, process and technology in building a smarter IBM.
|10:20 am - 12:30 pm|
|Concurrent Super Sessions|
Financial Risk Management Super Session
Risk and Capital Management - Deriving Incremental Value
This super session, designed for top risk officers, heads of compliance, and other risk and finance professionals, will include a discussion on these three key topics:
- How an integrated risk management approach can help optimize the allocation of capital across your business - Learn from Dr. Michael Zerbs, Vice President, IBM Risk Analytics, about key issues driving investments in capital management, the importance of culture and usability in bringing capital management to front-line operations, and the critical importance of linking capital management with enterprise risk data governance.
- The importance of commercial credit analytics and stress test automation - Hear from David O'Connell, a senior analyst with Aite Group, talk about the importance of stress testing automation, why stress testing should be embraced as an analytical opportunity rather than a compliance mandate, and the financial benefits of using analytics to better analyze risk and improve interactions with regulators.
- An overview of IBM’s risk and capital management solutions and how they can help address the newly proposed U.S. stress testing requirements under Dodd-Frank. This will include a demo given by Rory McClure, Associate Partner in IBM's GBS Global Risk Center of Competency, who has spent the last 20 years assisting financial institutions, helping them to better manage their risk and improve their performance.
Customer Centricity Super Session
Accelerating the Shift to a Customer Focused Bank
This super session, designed for executives responsible for sales, marketing, finance, operations, customer service/support, and relationship management, will look in detail at these three areas:
- How analytics is enabling banks to drive profitability and growth - to identify and target their best customers for up-sell and cross-sell initiatives; to anticipate individual customer requirements; to provide targeted, actionable insights at the point of impact; and to optimize product and channel strategies to name some.
- How Alysa Yeung, Senior Vice President, Citi is creating alignment, agility, and advantage around its customer strategies.
- See a demonstration of IBM’s customer profitability analytics solutions.
Channel Strategies Super Session
Driving Corporate Goals with Incentive Management
This super session, designed for compensation managers, and sales, finance, and operations executives, will look in depth at three areas:
- How leading financial institutions are using ICM as a competitive weapon - to optimize incentives for multi-channel operations, improve lifecycle planning and alignment of pay and performance, and align corporate strategy and execution.
- How Susan Selim, VP, Compensation Analytics Manager at Zions Bancorporation, is using ICM solutions to improve compliance, lower risk related to incentives, and more easily report back to regulators.
- A retail bank demonstration. See IBM’s incentive compensation and financial management solutions that enable banks to improve program governance and tie financial performance to incentives programs.