IBM will highlight four demonstration areas that focus on imperatives to help you succeed in this dynamic industry environment.
1) Deliver Smarter Services – Do you know the sources of your future revenue?
IBM helps you create new revenue streams, optimize the customer experience, and drive top line revenue growth. Learn how to gain 360˚ customer insight, identify new revenue opportunities, rapidly launch new services, and leverage cloud computing and other emerging technologies.
- IBM SmartCloud for Service Providers:
- Combining IBM's market-leading commerce platform and cloud management technology, this solution allows you to aggregate and deliver differentiated cloud services from a broad ecosystem of suppliers faster and more efficiently. It makes consuming multiple cloud services more user-friendly for your customers and positions you as the one consolidator of cloud-based services.
- Multi-Device Content Delivery: Smarter TV:
- Smarter TV features streaming video to multiple devices with rich user functionality including Guide, OnDemand, DVR, App Store, Real-time push notifications and Customizable Setting. In addition to these consumer features, Smarter TV provides content personalization and real-time advertising based on user behavior by leveraging powerful network and web analytics. The demo highlights IBM’s newly acquired Worklight technology, yielding a highly scalable and adaptable CSP streaming video platform. With Smarter TV, CSPs can quickly and effectively deliver new services to reduce churn and improve ARPU.
- Smarter Cities Intelligent Operations Center:
- This solution shows how cities and CSPs around the world are joining forces to deploy a Smarter Cities' Intelligent Operations Center. The solution integrates the city’s key operating areas into one dashboard with a central communications command center that provides a city-wide view of key functions for planning and emergencies.
2) Accelerate Commerce – Are you selling the right products to the right customers at the right time?
Smarter Commerce accelerates the transformation from traditional telecom service provider to digital commerce superpower. It helps re-engineer the buy-market-sell-service commerce cycle to address critical areas such as campaign management and multi-channel transformation.
- Predictive Analytics for Churn and Retention:
- Predictive analytics allows you to understand and manage customer life-time value. Join us to see how IBM enables you to effectively leverage the massive volumes of available customer data to help predict and reduce churn, create new strategies and pricing models, and prioritize the “who”, “what”, and “when” that transforms customer data into company profitability.
- Insight-Driven Marketing:
- Today, marketing campaigns consume too much time and money, often causing irritation with customers, and too little return. Learn how to bring science to the art of marketing by leveraging analytics to move from mass and segment marketing to personalized campaigns, in real-time. Explore how to boost campaign efficiency, success rates, and customer loyalty – all at lower costs.
- Digital Commerce and Analytics:
- Explore new opportunities for service providers to offer new products, services and bundles across integrated online channels. Join us to see how IBM enables you to effectively market and sell new products and services using web assets and social analytics to redefine the customer value proposition and differentiate offerings in the market.
3) Transform Operations – How do you reduce operational costs while increasing OSS/BSS agility?
IBM will demonstrate world-class innovation which can substantially transform your daily operations to improve customer retention, accelerate process automation, and increase network performance and service quality leveraging agile and flexible processes for rapid introduction of new services. Discover the difference IBM provides from order management to service assurance and more.
- Catalog-Driven Order Management:
- Integrated, catalog-driven order management and business processes enable you to rapidly introduce new revenue-generating services encompassing all of your offerings to deliver a unified order management process from order entry through customer fulfillment. This solution is now a TM Forum-certified Frameworx Certified Solution.
- LTE Performance with Customer Impact:
- Expectations of 4G/LTE networks are clear: 10x speeds enabling HD video quality, mobile video chats, and never seen before quality. Therefore, providers will have a new set of network management challenges. IBM can help CSPs to address these challenges while also understanding how their customers are impacted by network events.
4) Build Smarter Networks – Are you unlocking the potential of your network?
Smarter networks use analytics to transform network infrastructure and operations from reactive to predictive. It interconnects operations and infrastructure silos for greater efficiencies, optimizes your current and next generation network, and creates new opportunities to monetize the mobile network.
- Intelligent Data Services:
- This solution helps you monetize network data that drive new revenue through a differentiated customer experience. Based on an online charging system, quality of experience platform, and advanced analytics, the solution processes historical and real-time network data to provide insight into a customer's service experience and network usage.
- Network Analytics:
- IBM is innovating in the strategic area of network management to deliver an analytics solution for the network to give greater levels of visibility into customer experience, service quality and network performance. The solution helps you understand what services are being delivered across what network infrastructure to which customers.
TM Forum Catalyst Project Demonstrations
IBM is participating in two TM Forum Catalyst projects in Forumville. For more information, please visit the TM Forum’s Forumville Catalyst Project website.
1) Advancing Customer Experience Management Analytics
This Catalyst project builds on the results of the Customer Experience Analytics Catalyst at Management World Americas 2011which developed the concept and need for a customer- centric approach to experience management. This follow-on project will concentrate on expanding the horizontal landscape of processes identified in the Business Process Framework (eTOM) that make up the customer experience domain. This will be achieved through the development of demonstrable iterations of the Customer Experience Management Index (CEMI) across various communications service providers to develop a globally recognized, dynamically changing standard within the new measurable index (CEMI).
Champions: Telecom Italia, SingTel, China Mobile, Genband
Participants: IBM, Ventraq, Network Critical
2) Utilizing Frameworx to Manage Lifecycle Management across Multiple Service Providers
More and more service providers are working with other service providers to deliver end-to-end services. This is especially important where a national broadband network is being built out and other service providers will use the network to provide services. This Catalyst project will demonstrate how Frameworx can effectively manage this process.
Also, capital spent on network resources is one of the largest spends by a telecommunications service provider. For a large company like AT&T or Verizon this can approach $5 Billion per year. Most of this spend is with network equipment providers (NEP) like ALU, Ericsson, Huawei, NSN, etc. and typically involves a complicated Supply Chain management process. More and more the service providers are looking for the NEP to not only supply but also install and test the equipment in the service provider environment and then turn over the equipment to the service provider. This involves the transfer of assets from the NEP to the service provider and service providers are looking for an automated way to perform and audit this process.
The procurement cycle for a new network technology can typically run about 18 months. This project will focus on how to tie this process into an effective program.
Participants: IBM, SAP, Telcordia
3) MW12 Alarm Management for Converged Networks
The project aims to demonstrate the cost reduction which can be obtained by employing the TIP Resource Alarm Management interface. Additionally the project goal is to promote the TIP RAM program by showcasing the practical implementation of the interface in a simple profile, thereby demonstrating how to resolve sometimes opposing ideas of simple vs. rich interfaces. Choosing a simple profile of the RAM interface is expected to pave the way for the industry to embrace the standard quickly, while remaining open to the rich functionality of the interface
Participants: IBM, SAP, Telcordia
To stay further connected, please visit the
IBM Communications website, subscribe to
IBM Service Provider News, or visit the
Smarter communications blog.